The cable car

San Marino per tutti

The cable car

Accessible

It is the fastest way to reach the Old Town. Inaugurated in 1959 and renovated in the nineties, the cable car is one of the means of transport used by both tourists and residents to reach the heart of the capital. Construction works started in 1956 and ended in August 1959. The first passenger of the maiden voyage was a statue of Our Lady of Fatima. On 5 March 1995, the cable car was interrupted to be modernized, but a year later, on 25 May 1996, the Captains Regent Pier Paolo Gasperoni and Pietro Bugli inaugurated the new structure. In 35 years of service, the old cable car had done more than 850,000 rides, carrying over 14 million passengers.

Accessibility of the Cable Car

in cooperation with Village for all – V4A®

Visit the page dedicated to accessibility to find the map of distribution of the cable car, the map of toilets and all the necessary information.
Dedicated page

Useful information

Contacts, hours, prices

Cable car service